Welcome. Don't forget to login.
Welcome. Don't forget to login.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» in seattle
Counter Strike Source WINE/LINUX Installation Guide. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 6:56 pm by crash-override

» Important: Steam Info
Counter Strike Source WINE/LINUX Installation Guide. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 6:26 pm by Metal Monkey

» Steam dropping EA games
Counter Strike Source WINE/LINUX Installation Guide. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 6:33 am by Rodekill

» How to get BC2 GUID (For TWL, etc)
Counter Strike Source WINE/LINUX Installation Guide. I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 4:52 am by Metal Monkey

» Game Types and Modifers
Counter Strike Source WINE/LINUX Installation Guide. I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 1:38 pm by Metal Monkey

» Patch update! 1.4v released-How to update
Counter Strike Source WINE/LINUX Installation Guide. I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 3:00 pm by Metal Monkey

» Season 2 TWL Bad Company 2 4vs4 SR
Counter Strike Source WINE/LINUX Installation Guide. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 12:23 pm by Strawberyyogurt

» Crysis 2 Roster/Tags
Counter Strike Source WINE/LINUX Installation Guide. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:31 pm by Metal Monkey

» December 2010 Patch notes
Counter Strike Source WINE/LINUX Installation Guide. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 7:57 pm by Metal Monkey

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Counter Strike Source WINE/LINUX Installation Guide.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Metal Monkey

Metal Monkey

Warn Level : Counter Strike Source WINE/LINUX Installation Guide. 72b0o2

Counter Strike Source WINE/LINUX Installation Guide. Empty
PostSubject: Counter Strike Source WINE/LINUX Installation Guide.   Counter Strike Source WINE/LINUX Installation Guide. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 8:55 pm

Do everything through "Wine Windows Program Loader".
#1. Turn off all visual effects(For deb, Ubuntu version. Not sure about other versions) unless you are running Wine windowed.

#2. Install steam from: http://store.steampowered.com.

#3. Download Counter Strike Source from steam (Steam download is best). You can use the disk, but it's faster and simpler to get through steam.

#4. Select only "ALSA" sound driver in winecfg. For Ubuntu(or any that use pulse audio) - kill/disable pulseaudio. It is not compatible with Wine.

#5. You need Tahoma and Lucida Console fonts for every text to show properly (Some others to see special text). Download these and others from www.webpagefonts.com. Put these in the C:drive>Windows>Font folder. Make sure you are up to date with your other windows fonts as well. Command depends on which Linux system you use. Just use Google. You can also download a Steam Font package here:
support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1974-YFKL-4947

#6. Turn OFF "Enable Steam Community Ingame". It is possible to get this to work, but it's not worth it.

#7. Under Launch options for Counter Strike Source(or Day of defeat/half life/source mods) with this command
| -dxlevel 81 -width 1024 -height 768 |<--You can use other DirectX levels, but as of now they do not work as well. You will have to change brightness setting everytime you join doing this, but after you get CSS up and ingame once...remove the target commands and it will save all your settings.

#8. If you want those crazy tags or letters in your name you must go to
C:<Program Files<Steam<Steamapps<USER ACCOUNT<Counter-Strike Source<cstrike<cfg<config.cfg and paste it there. Also there are special Alt key like commands for linux also...just Google them.

Note: In order to view some Motd's you need to have Internet Explorer installed through Winetricks or ?. You may need to look this up. There is a post about this at Winehq.org regarding this also.

If you have any questions please check WINEHQ.org first before posting. Enjoy.

-Metal
Back to top Go down
https://thepz.board-directory.net

Counter Strike Source WINE/LINUX Installation Guide.
Page 1 of 1