Welcome. Don't forget to login.
Welcome. Don't forget to login.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» in seattle
LINUX Installation/Downloads. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 6:56 pm by crash-override

» Important: Steam Info
LINUX Installation/Downloads. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 6:26 pm by Metal Monkey

» Steam dropping EA games
LINUX Installation/Downloads. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 6:33 am by Rodekill

» How to get BC2 GUID (For TWL, etc)
LINUX Installation/Downloads. I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 4:52 am by Metal Monkey

» Game Types and Modifers
LINUX Installation/Downloads. I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 1:38 pm by Metal Monkey

» Patch update! 1.4v released-How to update
LINUX Installation/Downloads. I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 3:00 pm by Metal Monkey

» Season 2 TWL Bad Company 2 4vs4 SR
LINUX Installation/Downloads. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 12:23 pm by Strawberyyogurt

» Crysis 2 Roster/Tags
LINUX Installation/Downloads. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:31 pm by Metal Monkey

» December 2010 Patch notes
LINUX Installation/Downloads. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 7:57 pm by Metal Monkey

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

LINUX Installation/Downloads.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Metal Monkey

Metal Monkey

Warn Level : LINUX Installation/Downloads. 72b0o2

LINUX Installation/Downloads. Empty
PostSubject: LINUX Installation/Downloads.   LINUX Installation/Downloads. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 10:42 am

Here is a compiled list I have made of the main Linux systems out there. These are not "pure" Linux systems. They have other operating programs with them depending on which you choose. Some I do not recommend, some I do. For a basic tutorial and information about Linux a great site to check out is Linux Online.

INSTALLATION:
-To install you just simply download the version of Linux you want from one of these sites listed below or from another I have not listed. Download time will take 30 to 120 minutes on average.

-After that is done, you will want to burn the ISO image to disk. DO NOT choose to burn as data CD // bootable CD. A GREAT tutorial on how to do this with windows/linux can be found HERE. You will want to use a DVD and burn this slowest possible speed. If you can be sure to check for defects.

-Next, you will leave the disk you just created in the drive and restart or turn on your system with the disk in it.

-Follow the instructions on screen from there. If you do not want to duel boot you will want to choose "Use entire disk" or "partition entire disk" something along those lines.

-After you finished installing it, just simply follow the instructions on screen to set it up.

Note: Some Linux systems may differ from this, so be sure to check the site you downloaded it from before installing.

LINUX SYSTEM DOWNLOADS:

-Ubuntu
There are other versions of Ubuntu for other applications. Aside from Ubuntu, there are other variants to choose from for different applications. KUBUNTU(More for slower/older computers),EDUBUNTU(For learning/teaching),XUBUNTU(More for laptops)

-Suse

-Mint

-Fedora

-Debian

END NOTE: I have listed a few of the "main" variants. For a wider selection see Linux distributions.

Disclaimer: I am not liable for anything that goes wrong. This is just a basic guide and it is up to the person installing, configuring, downloading, or anyone else to read the instructions from the download sites given.

-Metal Monkey
Back to top Go down
https://thepz.board-directory.net

LINUX Installation/Downloads.
Page 1 of 1